Friday, June 05, 2009

We have a medicine cabinet!

For the longest time, we wanted to go for a simple look in our bathroom - this meant a frameless mirror medicine cabinet. We picked out 3 options that looked nice and are reasonably priced and just needed the final word from our contractor on what size we can fit in the room.

About 2 weeks ago, I had an "d'oh!" moment. A frameless medicine cabinet will make our room really cold and go totally against the spa / zen look I was going for. I realized I needed a warm wood-framed medicine cabinet that's not ugly.

I went searching for this warm, not ugly medicine cabinet. You know, it's really really hard. There are oh, so many ugly medicine cabinets out there. The ones that seem not so bad - they're like $800. There's no reason some pieces of wood, glass, and metal should ever cost that much.

I finally found one that's perfect enough at Restoration Hardware. Even better - it was on sale! We bought it, but then it just never showed up. I finally called them this week and they said that it's been discontinued and they're out of stock and maybe when I purchased it, the web site inventory hasn't been updated yet. They tell me that they'll investigate and call me in 24-48 hours.

I eagerly anticipate this phone call, with the dreaded feeling that they're going to tell me it's out of stock and I'm out of luck.

Today! Oh, so glorious today, I got an shipping confirmation email from Restoration Hardware - my cabinet has not only been shipped, it's due to arrive today! Yea!!! I've been happy all day.


Here's Sean unwrapping the cabinet. The thing was in a huge box and very heavy! It was expertly wrapped, so we didn't completely unwrap it. From the back, it looks beautiful :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home