Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Day 3

Today is Day 3 of renovation.

Demolition is... well, it's done! This is a task that some of the contractors estimated 6 weeks worth of work. Alberth got it done in 2.5 - days, not even weeks! We love our contractor :)

We discovered that there are tiles underneath our kitchen and bathroom tiles. I mean, are people really that lazy?!? They can't even rip out old tiles before laying new ones!?!? Here's Sean standing on a corner of the old-old kitchen tiles.



We also discovered the old wall paper in our kitchen. Looks like the previous owner decided to stick with the blue theme. I'm so ready to NOT have a blue/white kitchen.



A few things I've learned:
1. Set aside a mirror. For a house that was full of mirrors, now we have none. This makes daily tasks like making sure I don't leave the house looking like Einstein a little bit more difficult.

2. Set aside a hand towel. Now I wash my hands and just wipe it on my shirt - classy!

3. Make sure flip flops are easily accessible! Even though Alberth is super clean, the floors are still covered with a layer of dust and slipping in/out of actual shoes is a pain!

4. Flashlight! With lights shut off, sometimes, it's the only way to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home