Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tile emergency!

Monday night... we found out that we're 2 tiles short in the bathroom. How can that be?!?! We purposely over-purchased the amount of tiles we need because you always hear horror stories about bad cuts, tiles breaking, etc. Man, this means we must be really bad at math.

Hmmmm... thinking about it... we thought we over purchased the amount of kitchen floor tiles we needed and it turned out to be just enough.

Yep - we suck at math.

Alberth told us that it's best if he can get the tiles by Tuesday... what to do!? what to do!!?

Luckily, my Tuesday morning was very light in terms of meetings... I trekked out to Brooklyn and trekked back with 3 (one for just in case) tiles. The round-trip journey took about 2.5 hours. Purchasing the tiles at the store took about 5 minutes (this includes a bathroom break).

The store is waaaayyyy out there. But I love the store - it's a family-run business where mothers and daughters and sons all work there - the people are just the nicest! And, they have lovely tiles - extra perk!

In fact, when I walked in, they remembered me and automatically gave me a discount. We're kind of going over on the budget, so I'll take any discount I can get!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home