Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm never leaving this room

Oh my, we're going into our fourth week of renovations and it's all coming together. Today, I came home and we have ELECTRICITY!!! We can turn on lights in the bathroom and bedroom. Oh my gosh, too exciting.

I walk through the door and do my normal tip-toeing through the house (kind of like a kid on an Easter egg hunt who can't wait to turn the corner and see what she'll find)... the kitchen looked the same... I walked into the bathroom and the sconces are hung! On a whim, I flip the light switch and ELECTRICITY!!! I blink and then I realize that the walls and ceiling have been painted. It's beautiful. It's gorgeous. It's fabulous. It's the most perfect room and I never want to leave it. I told Sean that if we ever move, I'm going to cry because I wouldn't want to leave the bathroom.



Bear in mind, we still have a huge gaping hole where the medicine cabinet is suppose to go, a bucket for a sink, and our old never-quite-flush right ugly toilet. I can't imagine when it's finished... everyone - you've been warned - if you never see me again for the next 5 years, it's because I'm in the bathroom.

BTW - do you know that I spent 2 hours this morning at work before I realized that I still had eye boogers!?!? *sigh* things that happen when there's no light and no mirror. Well, at least that problem is 1/2 solved, now I just need the mirror.

Oh, second btw - we also have a running refrigerator. Now we can take leftovers home... hmmm... we just don't have any way of re-heating them. Oh well, now we can have all the ice cream we want and it'll stay cold! So nice to have a working frost-free (and very pretty!) refrigerator!



Oh, did I mention that our bedroom was painted on Friday!?! When we moved in, we wanted a zen bedroom with tranquil springy green walls. What we got was hospital green walls - the total opposite of tranquil - instead you think IVs and needles and all the ickyness. Now, now we have tranquil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home