Monday, September 11, 2006

Cash in the attic

I consider myself pretty web savvy and tend to try out new web things as they emerge. But for some reason (save one traumatizing eBay experience) I've avoided contact with eBay and Craigslist.

But Sean and I just have too much stuff. Unless we want our home to permanently resemble a storage unit or dumpster hall, we need to get rid of stuff.

We have 14 "outboxes", containing everything we want to sell, donate, or (last resort) throw away. We tried to give stuff to Shannon and Jonathan, but they don't want anything! Bah... you'd think college kids would jump at free stuff.

Since we can't give stuff to our siblings, we decided to try to sell stuff to strangers. So yesterday I ventured out for my first Craigslist expereince ... listing furniture and electronics for sale!

24 hours later - we've sold 4 out of 4 items. Not so shabby! $30 richer, we're looking around to see what else we can sell :)

3 Comments:

  • What's a dumpster hall?

    By Blogger Sean, at 9:22 PM  

  • hey now, i wanted speakers but unfortunately you already sold them :-P. Oh btw, right now I'm totally redoing my room. If there's anything you have that can make it spiffy, feel free to save it for me :-) (yes i know, i finally am getting rid of a lot of junk)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 AM  

  • a great way to get rid of stuff that you no longer need is to give them to charity (salvation army, united way, churches, etc.).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home