Thursday, July 13, 2006

The battle of the paint brands

Typical evening
Lily: What do you want to do tonight?
Sean: (shrug) I don't know. What do you want to do?
Lily: Oooo... let's walk over to Home Depot! *very giddy*
Sean: Okay!!! *equally as giddy*

We discovered HGTV about a year ago and totally latched onto it (something about being homeless, living vicariously through the tube). Now we finally have our own place to apply all the lessons learned, so is it any wonder that a trip to a home improvement store provokes so much giddiness?!?!?

After many trips (and piles and piles of color chips), heated debates, and zillions of choices, we finally chose our colors, by Behr. Soon after, I saw several people on apartment therapy saying that Behr paints are really poor. Say it ain’t so! Not after all that effort! I browsed the Internet for hours and realized that everyone has their own opinion.

So what to do now?? Does the brand of paint really make that much of a difference?? Should we ditch all the effort and start over? Or continue pressing forward with Behr and keep our fingers crossed??

3 Comments:

  • Hi, I'm a friend of Sandy's. My father is in construction and says that Walmart actually has the best-value paint. Good quality, good price, and they will match any color. Not sure if thats and option in NYC. I myself have used both Behr and Ralph Lauren and have no complaints. Good luck. The place looks great! -Sherene

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:50 PM  

  • I feel that I must make a comment about paint brands based on my own painting experience. Back when I first decided to paint the boys' bedrooms (they were very little), I bought a "store brand" and started to paint the ceiling. After all, ceiling white must be the same in all brands, right? Welllll, after I started to paint a spot...then had to go over it...then had to go over it again...and again...ARGHHH! I decided to try Benjamin Moore. Have never used anything else since. That was about 25 years ago!!!
    So, for my vote...go with a brand!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 PM  

  • Sherene - a few sites I visited also raved about the awesome quality of Walmart paint too. Have to say I was a bit suprised, but tucked away that little knowledge for future use/

    Unfortunately, there's no Walmarts anywhere on Manhattan or near Manhattan :( One of the downfalls on NYC - I miss my Walmarts and Targets!

    By Blogger Lily, at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home